Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Leaf

Blog posting is obviously not something that is easily maintained for me. I always make promises to post more often, and here we are one year later. There has been lots of new for us as of late. Jeff and I are in the process of building a home and are super excited to embark upon that new adventure. It's exciting, scary, and overwhelming all at once. Overwhelming considering the fact that I have not the slightest clue about building a new home. But hey, what better way to learn than to jump right in and DO IT! We had originally planned on getting preapproved at the end of April and just buying a home. During that time were were going to move in with Jeff's mom while we decided on a home. During the month of April we spent many days packing and organizing to prepare for the move. During that time, the opportunity came up to purchase some land from Jeff's grandma in Vineyard. With that, we decided that was where we wanted to make our home. And so, at the end of last month, we finished packing up and left our first little home.

Leaving this little place was not as easy as you would think. We have spent the last four and a half years of our life in this place. It was our first home and we moved in right when we got married. I had to take pictures so I could always remember what it looked like. I did this in hopes that I could always remember how I felt, and remember memories that were made. Here are some pics of our little home and some of our favorite memories there.

 Our first Christmas 1 month after we were married on Christmas Eve. Our tree was completly dead after we got home from a week in Disneyland. Hence... the saggy, sad looking branches. We went for a fake tree the next year.... As you can see below. I loved having a little tree in our little place.

Planting these tiny little boxes each year was so much fun. I was eagerly out there every day after work to see if our little seedlings had begun to sprout. Having a garden was so much fun.



 I asked Jeff to make the bed one day and he creatively arranged this pillows. He knows that I am anal about how the pillows are arranged, but this was so cute I had to take a picture.


                                 Our first harvest. Green beans. YUM!
                                   Robin Egg Fight! No one ever wins!


                                                        EASTER EGGS!


1 comment:

Cass said...

You 2 are too cute! Love those pics of your old house. I got a little misty myself!