Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter

Jeff and I decided we were going to dye easter eggs this year. I am pretty sure that I haven't died easter eggs since I was a little girl. I know, it seems somewhat childish, but what do you do when you don't have kids. You act like kids, which is something Jeff and I are really good at.
As I plopped the colored tablets into the cups to fizz, the smell of vinegar immediatly took me back to my childhood. I remember as a little girl, my mom would always use the eggs to make a potato salad for Easter. The eggs in the salad would always be a vibrant green, blue, and red. We always had a colorful salad to say the least, but it was always so delicious.
There was also something else I realized. I have not changed much from my childhood. I was sure to keep the eggs soaking for as long as possible to ensure that the eggs reached thier full color potential. I would let them sit for hours as a kid. And you can only imagine that Jeff and I couldn't choke down 18 hard boiled eggs, so I too made a potato salad. It wasn't quite like my mom's. But at least I tried.


This is Jeff and I with some of our finished eggs. Below I am patiently waiting for the eggs to change color.



Jeff got extra creative with his egg dying. He made some awesome eggs. Dying Easter eggs was so much fun, and if you ever think you are too old to do so.... well... YOU AREN'T!