Sunday, February 13, 2011

1 year


Friday, February 11th, marked a year since our sweet Leo left us all behind. It has been quite a year filled with much happiness and much sorrow. Not a day goes by that we don't miss his jovial presence, his contagious smile, his quick wit, and kind heartedness. I am reminded often of how blessed we all were to have him in our lives. I am thankful for his example and for him raising such a good son. I am blessed each day in my life because of him. I see so many traits of Leo in Jeff every single day. I am one lucky lady.

On friday we got together as the Thomsen family. It was nice to be together. We went to dinner and then went to an art exhibit at BYU. There is an art exhibit there right now by a Danish artist named Carl Bloch. He was a religious artist from Denmark in the 1800's. My father-in-law immigrated from Denmark to America when he was sixteen years old. It was a good way to spend the evening.

Much of the art is used today by the church. I was suprised. I recognized quite a few of the art pieces. Many of them were large art peices from Lutheran churches in Europe. They were unreal. If any of you haven't been, you SHOULD go.

There was a good feeling there. It was good to be with the family and remember the many good times we had with our sweet Leo. We miss him very much, and love him "all to pieces".





2 comments:

The Owen Family said...

We miss him as well, he is truly a great man! You can see through his kids and grandkids success what a great example he is....
I am glad to see that you are blogging again! When are you having a baby? LOL

Cass said...

Can't believe it. He really is one amazing guy. What a neat evening.