Wednesday, July 7, 2010

gRovER and PatRiOTic fEstiVitiES

Every year over the Fourth of July we go to Wayne County and stay in my Uncle's cabin in Grover. This year our weekend was filled with a lot of the usual traditions, such as : fishing, four wheeling, parade, eating, shooting, arrowhead hunting, and of course eating some more. It was so much fun as always. This year, Jeff and I decided to go to the dance at the Big Apple in Torrey. The Big Apple is an outside facility where Wayne County holds thier dances and other festivities. There was a live band, and they were actually really good. They played a lot of Chris Ledoux, Tom Petty, and pretty much just about everything there is. Jeff and I danced until our legs wouldn't dance anymore... and when our legs wouldn't dance anymore, we sat and watched all the interesting things there was to see around us. With the dance being in Torrey, there is a good mix of cowboys and tree-hugging hippies. Ill just put it this way, it made for an entertaining night of VERY interesting dance styles. Ha ha. Jeff and I have already decided that we are going every year.


Every year that we go to Grover, Jeff and I try to make it on our favorite four wheeling trail. It is called Sulfur Creek and it starts just a few miles from the cabin. This trail is so awesome. It takes you through such pretty scenery, where you eventually end at some cascading waterfalls and slick rock. Its the perfect place for a little picnic. Also on your way there, you hit sage brush that is at least ten feet tall. It is the biggest sage brush I have ever seen. These pictures are of Jeff and I when we reached the waterfalls. The pictures don't do justice of how cool these little falls really are.






We went fishing at Lower Bowns on Boulder Mountain. We caught about 20 fish, and they were pretty nice sized. It was so much fun. I have to give thanks to Mike's Glo Bait. It seems to always be the trick, and we always catch ton of fish when we use it. I love fishing, and I even touched one this time. I am getting better. I will usually do everything, but touch the fish. I will get my pole done up, and bait my own hooks, but I will NOT get my fish off the hook. Jeff gets all my fish off for me. Thanks, honey. You are the best.


This is my nephew William and brother Jeramy catching a fish. I think this was Williams first fish, but don't quote me on that. He is so much fun. I love his little smile. Good job Will.



This is me. I caught the first fish of course. I made all the boys sooooooo jealous. What can I say. I always out fish. I caught more than anyone this night.


This is Jeff and I and the Fourth of July parade in Torrey. We go every year. This parade is so awesome, that they go down both sides of the street.You have to love small towns. It made me think of the good old days at the Wasatch County parade in Heber. Parades are good, only when they go down both sides of the street. Jeff made his annual march with the Wieners of Wayne County... at least long enough to get a good picture. People in Wayne Co. must really love thier weiner dogs. The dogs are behind him on a float, which you can't see.


The first night we got to Grover, we went out to shoot our guns. This was James first time shooting a gun, with his dad's help of course. Jeff bought me a 22 this past winter so we were all trying it out. This trip was so much fun this year, minus the fact that we all started to get sick at towards the end of the trip. The Grover plague struck us again, but it was worth the fun trip.

3 comments:

Karrie said...

That looks like so much fun. I have heard a many storys about the fun to be had in Torrey. It reminds me of the fun we have at the parade up in Brigham City at Peach Days. Small towns are so interesting

The Henry's said...

Looks like fun!! :) My sister lives in Escalante, so not far from there! And I love the small towns around there, and it is so pretty there!! You guys should definitely hike the calf creek falls next year, it's beautiful!

Cass said...

Glad you had fun! Love that trail :)