Thursday, May 20, 2010

fancy plants

Jeff and I decided that we wanted to plant a garden this year. I have always wanted to have a garden of my own. We don't have much space in our yard, so we decided to try a garden box. We started from scratch as you can see. Jeff is making our box out of some lumber we got at Home Depot.
Here are some pics throughout the process. We planted cucumbers, beets, cabbage, and beans. We will have to see how it all turns out. We are first year gardeners so we don't necessarily have many expectations from our first little garden box. We had so much fun planting it. I actually kind-of love digging around in the dirt for a bit.

This is Jeff plantig the beans. We also planted a strawberry plant in a topsy turvy planter. We heard that the planters work really well for vine fruits and veggies. I will keep you all posted on our little garden's progess. If you don't see anything... you can just assume it was unfruitful. Ha Ha. WE are really hoping it turns out though. P.S. I really am trying to be better at the blog thing. I am in school and between that and work there is not much time to blog, but I am trying. Ill keep you all updated.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Kellie! I'm so excited to see some posts on your blog. Your garden looks awesome! We tried a tiny one in our yard when we lived behind you, did you ever see me out there watering it? Well, I watered it, but it didn't help. Haha! Anyway, I bet yours will be very "fruitful".

I don't think I have your email, send it to me in a Facebook message or something and I'll send you an invite to our blog since it's private now. :)

Heather and Brett said...

I love it Kellie! We planted our first garden this year too! Hopefully we will both have good luck. I am excited for our lunch... finally!