Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oregon

THE REDWOODS: The Redwoods in Northern California was the favorite part of our trip... well, at least for me. Some of these trees are over 2000 yrs old. They are gargantuous. I have never seen anything like them. You feel like you are in the Prehistoric Era. These pictures hardly do them justice, but its the best I can do. It is so green and beautiful in here too. We camped in these crazy trees then night before. It was so much fun. We woke up in some of the prettiest scenery that there is. Jeff is like a little boy, and of course found us the coolest camping spot with a little fort made of trees and ferns. He always has the excitement of a little kid, and it makes it so much fun to go places with him. I'm pretty sure we almost ran off the road looking at all these crazy giant trees.


This is one that had fallen over. This is just the bottom of it. Seriously, amazing.


This was definatly the biggest tree in the park. Well... at least the biggest one that we saw. Just to walk around this tree was at least 20 steps.


This place was sooooooo GREEN!



Jeff and I took a Jet boat ride in Gold Beach, OR. They are big mail boats because they were used to take mail up the river back in the day. They still do deliver mail, but not as frequent. These rides are so much fun. We hit some white water and were sure to do some crazy 360's in the water. These rides are crazy. We did an 84 mile ride up the Rogue River. We started right where the river empties into the Ocean. About 30 miles upstream we stopped at a little place for lunch on the river. It was so pretty. It was a little town on the river that literally consisted of three restaurants. I loved it. We were sure to get some berry cobbler with fresh Oregon berries too. YUM! The last part of the trip was white water. It was CraZY! I loved it. After that we headed back. We saw lot of wildlife on the boat trip. This was so much fun.


This is Jeff in front of one of the many lighthouses that we saw along the coast. It was really stinky around here, probably due to the stinky sea lions. But... it was so pretty it was worth the Stench.



This is Jeff and I in Lincoln City, OR. We had the prettiest weather on this day. There were no clouds, no rain, just sunshine. It was so nice. We got a cute little hotel room on the beach and stayed here for the night. We were going to try to swim, but i changed my mind as soon as my feet touched that ice cold water. We looked through all the tide pools for crabs and starfish. Jeff took me out for seafood that night. He hates seafood but sacrificed because he knows how much I love it. How often do you get fresh seafood right out of the Ocean. It was so yum. We had such a good time in Lincoln City. It was a fun little town. ... And staying on the beach... well... there really isn't anything better.
This was my favorite part of the coast. It was so green and the cliffs were insane. It was like this for miles.

This place was called "Hug Point". We took the liberty to take a picture... hugging.... at Hug Point.






This is Jeff and I at Cannon Beach. This is where the end of Goonies is filmed. Look at the rocks in the back, and it will look familiar. This was one of my favorite beaches. The northern part of the coast was definatly my favorite... And don't worry. We totally shouted out our favorite Goonie quotes. Booby Twaps.... I love that movie. Anyways, this place is beautiful.



This is Jeff in front of the huge guitar display at the EMP in Seattle. THis was so awesome. We were in guitar heaven. Jeff and I were so in love with this museum. We both love the mid 90's grundge bands that poured out of Seattle. Who can forget the great Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, and many more. We saw displays of all thier guitars and band instraments. It was so much fun. There was also a huge Jimi Hendrix exibit with tons of his instruments, pics, journals, and cool stuff. This place was so much better than we even thought it was going to be. I definatly recommend it.




This is Jeff in front of the space needle in down town Seattle. This was pretty cool. If you go to Seattle, you have to at least do this once, just to say you have done it. It's pretty crazy going up the elevator. I swear every step I took, I felt like I was going to fall over. Its that wierdy "Im going to fall" feeling when you are up so high. We ate at at the top and then headed to the ferry.





This is Jeff in front of Multnomah Falls in Oregon. The falls are just outside of Portland, and literally across the road from the Columbia river. They are so beautiful. They are the 2nd highest year-round waterfalls in the world. When we passed these we had to stop. We were actually on our first day home, but we had to stop. We really wanted to hike to the top. It was awesome. It set us back a bit, but it was so worth it.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Oh man, that trip looks like heaven!! Dust and I want to go there so bad. Your pictures are all so cute. And I just have to tell you that you forgot Pearl Jam in your list of bands, PJ is better than all those bands! :) (I don't know if you know, but Dust is a HUGE PJ fan, so I had to add that).

The Sorenson's said...

im so glad you guys had fun. i love it there. we hike multnomah falls almost every year. way fun! maybe we should plan a trip together sometime!

The Rockin Robertsons said...

Jeff and Kelly, it looks like you had an awesome trip. Wow! Sam and I, Jen, couldn't believe the size of those tree's...amazing.

Anonymous said...

how fun is that???? jealous! tori told me u finally posted something new!

Green River High School said...

I LOVE this trip! It looks like SO SO SO much fun!!! I can't wait to explore more of the west coast one day.... Hope you guys are doin great!