Sunday, April 26, 2009

Moab

Jeff and I took a little weekend trip to Moab. It was a much needed break for the both of us. We had so much fun, and I didn't want to leave. I am already ready to go back. The picture above was taken after we hiked to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. I loved how this little arch kind-of framed delicate arch. The weather was absolutly perfect. This was my first time ever going to Arches. I can't believe for all these years that I have been this close to these amazing places and never been there until now. It was so nice to be hiking and outside and have the sun shine. I was in heaven

We hiked on some awesome slick rock trails on our trip. This particular one is in Devil's Garden in Arches. This trail has 8 of the main Arches. It was so much fun. I would do this hike again in a heartbeat.

This is Jeff relaxing in a little Arch in Devil's Garden. I don't really remember the name of it, but it made for a cool picture.

This is Jeff falling off a cliff in Canyonlands. Im suprised he is smiling so big, it really was a long drop behind him. LOL. Canyonlands was beautiful. This was one of my favorite lookouts. It was a mile long cliff walk of these beautiful canyons. These canyons go on forever and ever.



This is the Schaeffer trial in Canyonlands National Park. We went on this trail in our truck. These pictures in no way do any justice to the cliffs we were actually driving on. This trail is nothing but switchbacks and cliff until you get the bottom. It was so much fun. It is one of the most beautiful drives I have ever been on. I was proud of our little "Golden Goat" aka our truck. I was actually thankful that we had a smaller truck. We saw some larger vehicles turn around because they were worried about falling off. But, not us... noway. We went the whole way. It was beautiful, bumpy, and a little scary in parts. But if you want a scenic drive, you have to go on this.


This is an upward picture of some of the switchbacks on the trial to kind-of give you an idea of what its like. .... And awesome is what it is like.

This is Jeff and I after hiking around a bit at Canyonlands. This place is seriously amazing.


This picture was taken at double arch just as the sun was going down. I think its a pretty cool picture, and maybe the slightest bit cheesy too. But I still love it.


This is Jeff and I in front of Mesa Arch in Canyonlands. This was my favorite arch from the whole trip. Its big and frames everything behind it. You can even see the snowy LaSal mountains in the background. I loVeD it!

This is us at the Windows in Arches. This places is so cool and you can hike around tons of arches here.


This is the back side of the Windows.


This is Jeff and I at the infamous Delicate Arch. Those little colorful dots at the bottom, yeah, that's us. I was in awe at how big this arch actually is, and how it was actually made. Wow. This place was awesome.

Me at Delicate Arch. There were so many pictures I had a hard time choosing but this wasour trip in a nut shell. Hope you enjoyed.

5 comments:

Mrs.Mayne said...

We went there last May. Isn't it amazing! My favorite is double arch.

Karrie said...

That looks like so much fun. I havent been down there since I was in high school. Do as much tripping as you can while you are childless!! (By the way I cant believe there was another batch of kittens. That is crazy!)

Ashley Welling said...

I love going down to Southern Utah with Mark! It is so pretty. It is one of my favorite places. Amazing that it is all naturally created.

The Ellertson Family said...

Looks like you two had a great time...I have never been to Moab. Jeff will you please put a bug in Wade's ear and tell him how great it would be to go there!!!

Cass said...

The sky is beautiful in your pics! I'm proud of you for the Sheaffer trail, I was not such a willing participant.... Glad you guys had fun!