Monday, January 26, 2009

The Holidays

Ok, so Im finally updating my blog with our Christmas pictures. I am so bad at this blog thing sometimes. This Christmas season was a busy time for us. It seemed like a day didn't go by that we weren't partying with family, friends, church, or work.
So much happened this December, and I feel like we are very blessed and that we have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful that Jeff and I both have stable jobs that we can rely on for financial stability. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family that constanly love and support us.
Also in December came an occasion that we have both eagerly awaited... Jeff became a graduate of UVU with a Bachelor of Technology/Facility management. I am so proud of him for all his hard work and dedication.. Way to go Jeff!
Anyhow, back to Christmas. Our Christmas' always seem to pan out perfect. Jeff's family always has thier big celebration on Christmas Eve, and my family has thiers on Christmas Day. So it kind-of works out perfectly for us. On Christmas Eve we had dinner at Jeff's parents house with all of his family. The Thomsen family has always had a Danish tradition at Christmas to have Danish rice pudding for dessert. Yum! The funnest part about that is the one almond that is hidden in one of the pudding plates. Whoever has the almond in thier pudding gets a prize. Its so simple, but is always one of the funnest parts of the evening and something that everyone looks forward to. We then did a live nativity with our cute neices and nephews. It is always something that makes me laugh, yet alwayrs brings to life the true meaning of Christmas. Then its on to presents and pjs for the grand kids. Jeff and I had asked for food storage for Christmas. I know it sounds boring, but I am actually really excited to get a little start on it.


The next morning Jeff and I woke up and opened our presents from each other. Our big gift was our new video camera which we love. That is why there is few pictures from Christmas day because we spent most our time filming with our new camera. I also got some new snow boots, clothes, movies, gift cards, and lots of other little things that Jeff decided to spoil me with. I got Jeff some snowboard passes to the Canyons, movies, the new Beck CD, and some other random things. We had a great Christmas and we felt really spoiled. Next year we definatly need to budget better. We went a little crazy. HA!
After opening gifts we went to Jeff's parents and headed up to my parents in the snow blizzard. That was once crazy snow storm, let me tell you! My family is kind-of spiratic when it comes to showing up at Christmas. We all kind-of just arrive whenever. We alway have a really yummy dinner, and I end up stuffing my face the whole day. We were very spoiled on both sides by our families. We felt very fortunate this Christmas, espescially with all the economic chaos that is going on. We feel very blessed, and were so excited to be able to spend time with our families. The picture above is of my dad and my little nephew James just hanging out on Christmas day.

This is one of my Christmas presents from Jeff. I had said something a long long time ago about wanting one of those cute aprons in the mall. He picked it all by himself, and I was very impressed. Here I am Christmas morning making rolls before we went to my parents. You gotta love those Christmas morning snap shots, especially right after you wake up. I know... I look just gorgeous. My color scheme is a little crazy too.

This is Jeff on Christmas Eve with his very creative wrapping job. I thought it was so cute that I made him let me take a picture.

This is cute grandma opening the gift that we gave her on Christmas Eve. We love her so much. Doesn't she look so festive in her red sweater. The best part about Christmas is spending time with family, and we are always so excited to spend time with Grandma.


This is Dana and cute little Dallin after the Nativity. What a good looking shepherd, huh???

Here is our angel Emmy, who didn't have to do much acting in her role of the nativity. What cute kids.

And.... the opening of the pjs!

These next few pictures are from a little earlier in December. Jeff and I had taken some days off of work and just spent sometime close to home. Here we are at temple square and it was so beatiful. Freezing cold.... but very very beautiful.

This was something I hadn't seen before at temple square and I thought it was really awesome. I love the reflection pool. Poor little Jeffrey is freezing if you couldn't tell.

We also spent part of the day at the church history museum since Jeff had never been. Here he is in the pioneer bunks after a little rest. I am always amazed when I go there and see how many exhibits there are there to see. I especially love the room with all the prophet exhibits. I could have spent all day in that room. I loved it. It was fun to spend a couple days together and relax and just go do things that we would never normally make time to do.
We had a great holiday season and hope everyone else did to. Im going to try to do better one keeping up on my posts.

2 comments:

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

I'm glad we are blog buddies too because it really helps to keep in touch. I loved reading about your Christmas!

Cass said...

LOVE your apron! Looks like a fun Christmas season :) It's been fun catching up on your blog! Thanks for being such great friends!!!