Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LoVE and LeARn... CrAsH and bURn!!

So, right before Jeff and I were married I bought a snowboard and the whole set up. I had never even snowboarded at a resort before in my life until last year. We went once... well twice last year. But the second time we went we were done after the third run due to a hard tumble that I took on the way town. OUCH! So this year we have hit it pretty hard. We have spent our last three saturdays on the mountain. I have to admit... I've definatly made some improvements. I also have to admit I'm kind of a chicken and when I get going fast, I tend to involuntarily slow myself down... which often times leads to a hard crash. My crashes are coming fewer and father in between, and I feel like I am starting to pick up the fundamentals. Its always frustrating when a little kid no older than four flies past me like a little super stud. They are so cute and I envy them for their confidence and skill. My Jeffy has been a super teacher. He has been so patient and has stuck by my side the whole time. He hasn't given up on me yet. He's Mr. Amazing on the mountain. Yes... I'm bragging, but he really is so good. He has had so much patience with me and never leaves me in his dust. Just patiently waits as I carve my way down the mountain. Its been so much fun for us to do this together. I will try to get some video up so you can all see me make a fool of myself. Ha ha. I am really starting to love it.. hard crashes and all.

What a stud. This is Jeff just before we headed to the lift. He is pretty excited about the new board that I got him for graduation. He loves it. It is the same make and board as his very first snowboard he got back in 92, with some definate modern advances. Its kind of sentimental.. I guess !!!????
The third trip up I ran into one of my favorite girlies Joslyn. She's basically an amazing skiier and I was so excited to see her up there. Love you Jos.

...And last but not least, this is me getting ready to strap on and head down. It was such a pretty day that day... and awesome snow. I am really loving snowboarding more and more everytime we go. I'll try to post more often. I have sucked at the blog thing lately.



4 comments:

The Sorenson's said...

i really think one of these days i should get brave and try... or just start skiing again! looks like fun

Cami said...

I'm so excited to see a post from you! I'm glad you guys have had so much fun snowboarding, I think Jeff showed us his board when we were over at your house for the last time. It's so cool!

Green River High School said...

Keep it up, girl!! I haven't been on the slopes for 3 years now.. and I used to be the season ticket holder- Dunno what happened?! I guess I hate the snow now. Anyways, enough about that. You guys are super cute. Hope all is well.

Cass said...

That's fun for you to do together! It looked beautiful up there!